Look Younger without Surgery
Many people desire the aesthetic benefits offered by plastic surgery, especially the chance to turn back the clock and rejuvenate their appearance. Despite improvements to technique, technology, and safety, many people are still hesitant to undergo plastic surgery. Thankfully, there are alternative cosmetic enhancements available for just such people. Injectables have revolutionized the plastic surgery landscape, providing almost instant, transformative results without the need for surgery or recovery. At the plastic surgery practice of Dr. Brian J. Kobienia, injectables have helped many of our Minneapolis-area patients improve their personal aesthetic without the need for surgery.
Connie Brennan is a registered nurse who administers injectable fillers for Dr. Kobienia. She discusses the different indications for the different fillers that they offer. They can help you decide which injectable will help you reach your cosmetic goals.
About Our Injectables
Injectables can produce dramatic results for both men and women, but must be administered by a trained professional. In order to provide the best possible results, we employ an in-house registered nurse, Connie Brennan, who administers all of our injectables. While the results achieved through injectables are not permanent, the treatments may be repeated as necessary and do last for several months to a year depending on the type and placement. There are a variety of injectables available designed to reduce wrinkles, add volume, and reduce the outward signs of aging. At the plastic surgery practice of Dr. Brian Kobienia we are proud to offer a variety of injectables to patients in the Minneapolis area, including:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and may prevent future wrinkles. Can be used throughout the body, but is particularly effective for treating glabellar (between the eyebrows) lines and lines around the mouth.
- Our most commonly used injectable. Restylane® fills fine lines and wrinkles in the face, around the nose and mouth, and can even add volume and contouring to the lips. Results in lips last about six months, and skin results last between six and twelve months. Restylane® treatments can be repeated as needed.
- Like BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport® relaxes and prevents the contraction of muscles that form wrinkles. Used primarily in the face to treat glabellar (between the eyebrows) and frown lines.
- A naturally occurring protein in the body found in muscle. Used to add volume and structure, primarily in the lips. It can also be used to fill wrinkles.
- Adds volume and fullness to the skin to correct wrinkles and lines, especially in the face. Radiesse® – Replenishes the lost volume in the skin, filling wrinkles and lines. Used primarily in the face.
- A smooth gel filler designed to smooth away wrinkles around the mouth and nose.
- Fat Grafting/Transfer
- Fat removed during a patient's liposuction is refined and then injected as a filler to reduce wrinkles and/or add volume.
Learn More about Injectables
If you would like to rejuvenate your appearance without having to undergo surgery, injectables offer a highly effective alternative. Injectable treatments can also be combined with plastic surgery for even greater cosmetic enhancement. Please contact the plastic surgery practice of Brian J. Kobienia today to schedule a personal consultation to determine whether injectables at our Minneapolis-area practice are right for you.