Is Lip Augmentation Right for You?
By Brian Kobienia, MD, FACS on May 01, 2019
Lip augmentation is designed to enhance the size, symmetry, and shape of your lips for a more youthful, attractive appearance. At Kobienia Plastic Surgery, Dr. Brian J. Kobienia can perform lip augmentation using biocompatible dermal fillers or injectable fat cells from another area of the body.
During your consultation at our Minneapolis, MN, practice, we can evaluate your unique needs and aesthetic goals to help determine which method is right for you. With his technical expertise and artistic eye, Dr. Kobienia can perform your lip augmentation treatment to add beauty to your smile and complement your unique facial features.
Benefits of Lip Augmentation
We will carefully evaluate any areas of concern, as well as your cosmetic goals, before designing a customized treatment plan. Lip augmentation can be a safe and effective way to:
- Enhance the curvature of the lips
- Add balance to the lips
- Improve volume in thin, flat, or small lips
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines along the border or on the surface of lips
- Lift lips that droop or sag due to age or other factors
- Rejuvenate the definition, fullness, and smoothness of the lips
To augment the lips, Dr. Kobienia will administer injectable fillers at the right angle, location, and concentration.
Lip Enhancement Techniques
The shape and texture of your lips can change due to age, sun exposure, smoking, and the inevitable pull of gravity. Vertical lip lines can appear over time, and volume can diminish with age.
Lip augmentation combats the telltale signs of aging to enhance natural proportions. During your procedure at our Minneapolis area office, we can target:
- The Cupid’s Bow: We can make the v-shaped curve at the top of the upper lip more pronounced, enhancing the overall shape of the lips.
- The Vermillion Border: Treating the border between the lips and surrounding skin can improve definition for a more distinct shape.
- Vertical Lip Lines: We can diminish the lines that run up and down the lips for a smoother look.
- Oral Commissures: Located at the corners of your mouth, oral commissures can be filled for a fuller shape.
- The Philtrum: These two lines in the center of your upper lip extend up to the nose. Enhancing this double-ridge can give the upper lip with a more voluminous appearance.
For a more complete transformation, Dr. Kobienia can combine lip augmentation with any number of cosmetic procedures, including rhinoplasty or a facelift.
The Lip Augmentation Procedure
On the day of your treatment, we can apply a topical numbing cream to improve your comfort. If you are receiving a dermal filler, we will carefully inject the biocompatible material at strategic angles into the lips. This portion of treatment typically takes only 10 minutes.
Most patients can expect some swelling on and around the lips, which should subside within a few days. Patients can expect to return to their full active lifestyle within a few days to one week, though recovery time may vary depending upon the extent of your treatment.
Dr. Kobienia can provide you with at-home care instructions to ensure your comfort and confidence after treatment.
Contact Our Practice
If you are ready to transform your smile, Dr. Kobienia can design a customized lip augmentation treatment to meet your needs. To learn more about our dermal filler options, contact us online or call our Minneapolis area office at (952) 925-1111.
Related to This
"I am grateful for how easy and comfortable you made me feel at every appointment and every surgery, but most of all I am thankful for all you do and have done for me."- Sandy